Tue, 13 Aug|
National Conference for Regional, Rural and Remote Education
The 2022 conference theme “Partnerships for Collective Impact” aims to position community at the centre of a strength-based model for regional, rural and remote education.
Time & Location
13 Aug 2024, 9:00 am – 15 Aug 2024, 5:00 pm
Coffs Harbour, Coffs Harbour NSW, Australia
About the Event
The next National Conference for Regional, Rural and Remote Education will be held in beautiful Coffs Harbour in August 2024 – Save the Date!
The Society for the Provision of Education in Rural Australia (SPERA) aims to advance education opportunities in rural Australia by:
- serving as a national advocate for rural education
- promoting delivery systems that bring about efficient and effective learning; and
- collating and disseminating information on the provision of education in rural Australia.
2022 NCRRRE – Barossa Valley
The 2022 conference theme “Partnerships for Collective Impact” aims to position community at the centre of a strength-based model for regional, rural and remote education, whereby institutions recognise and partner with the rich knowledge, experiences, skills and diversity that local communities have.
The conference aims to highlight the outstanding work of researchers, practitioners across the sector, as well as contribute to policy discussions regarding regional, rural and remote education
- Connectivity in learning
- Disruptors and innovation
- Connections between industry, education and communities
- Pathways for education
- Student engagement, aspiration and motivation
- Strengthening and networking rural education research
The conference objectives are to:
- Challenge researchers, practitioners and policymakers to analyse current challenges and opportunities, identify emerging issues, and develop ways forward;
- Recognise the significance of First Nations peoples – Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples in Australia and their knowledge, perspectives and experiences are important in shaping future developments in regional, rural and remote education;
- Contribute to the evidence base and practice of enhancing regional, rural and remote education locally and globally;
- Develop links with organisations and governments that have similar professional aims or recent experiences relevant to regional, rural and remote education.